Thursday, March 24, 2011

Jeju Night 1

Today I flew into Jeju. The Gimpo international airport security was minimal. I was so confused when I got there because I was expecting hoards of people to be going through security. But there was really no line at all. I was impressed, I didn't even have to take my shoes off or take my liquids out of my bag. The flight was short an hour and ten minutes maybe. When we landed we got off the plane onto a bus that took us to the terminal where I then got onto another bus. This bus was supposed to tell me before it stopped where it was going to stop. Well at my stop it malfunctioned and said 'Hana Hotel' after they had left the stop so I just got off at the next stop the Hayatt and walked the creepy dark windy road back up to my hotel. Don't worry I wasn't afraid. After checking into my hotel I went to find something to eat for dinner, I found a 7 Eleven so I just stopped there. I got some rice that you heat up in the microwave, some jerky, and some raman noodles. When I got back to my hotel I realized that I didn't have a microwave. I did have a coffee pot so I heated up some water for my noodles. After they were cooked I realized that I had nothing to eat them with, then I noticed two coffee stirring straw things so I fashioned them into chop sticks and tried to eat my soup. The water was pretty hot though so it made the straws flimsy. It was pretty ridiculous. So far Jeju has been and adventure and its only been a couple hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment