Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ice Cream Crazy

After being at Lotte World all day yesterday you can imagine how happy I was to hear that my 9:00 am class had been canceled. I got to sleep in and hang out until about twelve it was so nice because I was dead tired. Jae Eun told me it was going to be an adventure day because I would have to find my way around the subway and bus stations. Jae Eun dropped me off at my first lesson in Jamshil and from there I was escorted to the subway station and told to listen for my stop and follow the signs. Well good thing I can understand the Korean accent when it is trying to sound like it is English or I would be very lost right now. I made it to my next lesson and after that I was taken to the bus stop in 15 degree weather. It was windy and so cold! Finally the bus ride from hell! I think the driver thought that she was driving a Mini Cooper or maybe even a scooter, weaving in and out of traffic stopping fast going fast, mind you we are in a BUS, I thought I was going to fall over every time the bus lurched forward! Seriously, I literally lost my footing every time we went from stop to go, which was frequent! Good news I made it back to Jae Eun's home in one piece. We had teriyaki chicken and Chinese noodles and rice for dinner (Jae Eun didn't think I would like the noodles, they were the best part)! After dinner we went on a freezing cold walk all the way out of the complex and across the main road to get ice cream from Baskin Robins, it was fantastic Minseo and I LOVE ice cream so far I think we have had it every day since I've been here. Good thing I walk a lot. In all it was a great day and roomer has it that I will finally get some rock climbing in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment