Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Snow!!
Finally two days in the snow! We spent two days at Elysian Resort. It was so much fun I was so happy to finally be riding! The resort was small like most things here in Korea but it was nice and not too busy. everyone at the resort was pretty much a beginner except maybe a group of 10 guys but pretty much all they did was bomb because there is no out of bounds and no trees and no park no nothing but the groomed runs. Matter of fact even if I wanted to go off the trail i couldn't unless I had hiking boots. There was no snow!! None at all! Just dirt and some trees. Pretty weird. Pretty weird indeed. Every time I got on or off the lift the liftys would just say hi! or Hello! Then laugh it was hilarious. Hi, hahahahaha. I guess they thought they were funny. The ski resort food is nothing like what we have in the states. Its noodles and weird pork stuff. Nasty, I did try some of the noodle soup stuff the first day for lunch and it was okay but really I'd only eat it again if I was starving. Which I'm not. They did have good ice cream though gelato and dip n dots, that we did eat. And they were good! It was a beautiful couple of days too sunny and no wind. Cold but at least it wasn't windy and snowing and cold. There were these 5 kids there on Tuesday that were dressed as animals. there was a bear, a dalmation, a seal, another bear, and I don't remember the other one. It was pretty funny. The girls dress like gangsters huge pants and hoodies and coats and hats everything is like 10 sizes too big. and the guys, well they're mostly normal except for the animal boys ha. Our condo that we stayed in, ok, so we walk in, take our shoes off, put our stuff down, Jae Eun walks into the first room and says ok, Brianne this is your room. I say okay and head in to a completely empty room. COMPLETELY! I mean nothing, no bed, no night stand, lamp, nothing. Then she walks across the hall and into another room and says oh just kidding you can have this room it has a bed. I'm thinking what? Where is your bed? what are you and the kids going to sleep on?! I guess its a traditional room, they sleep on these mats, that were hidden in the closet, on the floor. so i slept in a bed with a fantastic down comforter. ( I miss mine sooo much) and they slept on the floor. I felt a little bad but I did try to trade multiple times and they weren't having it so whatever bed works for me! And it was a queen so I slept so good! Sprawled out all over it was so nice! I really miss my bed, a lot. Good thing I take my pillow everywhere. I even brought an extra pillow case. New pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment