Saturday, January 22, 2011

Incheon-China Town

Friday I taught Daniel and Stella how to make fajitas. They LOVED them! Also on Friday I went to Hyundai Department Store, I rode the elevator to the top floor and rode the escalator all the way down. And I only bought two things, a curling iron and a sweatshirt, and they were both on sale! Today we went to Incheon, and to China Town. China Town was pretty sweet nothing like the one in NYC though, a lot of little stores with really random trinkets of which I did not buy a single one! And no little Chinese men sneeking up behind you whispering things like, 'Rolex? Handbags? Wallet?' When we were in China Town we ate lunch at obviously a Chinese restaurant, I had these noodles with green and red peppers and onion all fried together they were spicy and oh so good! I am going to learn to make them! While we were in China Town we went into a few museums that use to be old banks, mostly they just talked about the history of the harbor at Incheon. Then we walked up this hill to Freedom Park where there is this HUGE statue of General Megada... Jae Eun, when she was telling me that we were going to go to Incheon was trying to tell me about this American General that helped South Korea not be communist. I knew some Korean history from school but I had never heard of General Megada. So I Googled this park and Incheon after Jae Eun had tried to explain this to me, come to find out its General MacArthur not freakin Megada! haha After we left China Town we went to some island to see the ocean. I'm not quite sure why because right after we got there we got back into the car and drove back to the main land. . but the bridge we took on the way back is the longest in the world so I guess that was pretty cool. After we got home I met Jenny at Lotte Department Store, we walked around, talked and sat at Krispy Kreams for like 2 hours then I took a taxi home (pretty sure the driver was half asleep! he kept nodding off!! so scary)! And now I'm here in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment