So Thursday and Friday were the same as all the other ones. I just had classes. For my little girls on Thursday we did some book work, but that is no fun so we played UNO then we went on an adventure for marshmallows! 4 stores later we found some. It was tricky to say the least. What did we do with these marshmallows that we desperately needed? We made Rice Krispy Treats of course. I got the idea from this cookie thing that Eun Young brought home on Wednesday night called Hangwah. Its a Korean traditional cookie that pretty much looks like a Styrofoam packing peanut rolled in rice cereal. And the best part, it tastes about the same. So I decided to add some sugar. They liked my treats! Friday Esther made me dinner, she made Sam Gup syahl. . Its like fatty bacon that they put inside a piece of lettuce with rice, tuna paste and your choice of sauces, all of which were good, and I have no idea of their names or what was in them really, sesame oil, soy sauce, and other things made them up I think.
Saturday I got to sleep in and talk to my parents on Skype for a while because Jae Eun, Minseo, and Eric all had to go to school. At about 1, Jae Eun, Eric and Violet came to pick me up and we went to the Korea National Museum. It is a really cool building and it's HUGE! We spent about 2 hours on the top floor looking at stuff. We took a break about half way through and had some lunch, at lunch pretty much all cafeterias here have the same stuff, noodles, soup, a different kind of noodle, curry and rice, and pork cutlet mmmmm. so i had rice with weird curry sauce and rice. It was alright but I saw a little cafe right outside the cafeteria so I decided to get me some hot chocolate and a muffin. I waited in line, got bumped and pushed. Typical for any line you are standing in. Personal space? What is that? People literally stand on top of you even when there is no need at all so in all of this i got bumped and when I was handing my card to the cashier we both mishandled it and it dropped between the counter and the fridge. That was an easy fix. So I got to be the line holderupper because they couldn't process any other transactions without me going first. At least my muffin was amazing right? Then looked around the gift shop and went back to the 3rd floor. (Mom I got you something! It's going in the mail tomorrow). After our visit to the 3rd floor we made our way to the auditorium for a free performance where they played some traditional Korean instruments. A big sideways harp sounding one, a huge bamboo flute thing that had a breathy sound and what looked like a drum attached to a stick with some strings that you played with a bow and of course an electric violin, no Korean traditional show is complete with out one of those! It was a really cool show, other than the part where the entire time the accompaniment music was making my eardrums bleed because it was so freaking loud. The best part was at then end when these four girls that were doing the show were dancing around playing their instruments, picture this, off the stage jumps the drum string thing, violinist and bamboo xxl flute. They're all skipping and spinning and dancing around when WHACK!! The flute chick spins around and hits the violinist in the face with the flute thing as she skips merrily into the spinning bamboo flute of death! It was so funny! Good thing that was the last number... or was it!? So the girls all go off stage and after a few minutes they come back for an encore, well everyone but the violin chick. So they're playing this song and all of the sudden the accompaniment music stops. So they all stop. They stand there for a minute then they start the song over. . It was 3/4 of the way over! Ugh! So they start again, then at the exact same part of the song it stops again. They stand around for a second then they just finish it without. It was okay ha.
After the performance we headed back to the museum and went to see two last exibits on the first floor. one was this huge famous Incense Burner of Baejke. It truly nothing less than amazing. It was Huge! We also saw this amazing crown and belt from the Silla Dynasty made out of gold and some other jewelry made of gold. It was so cool.
On the way home Jae Eun took a wrong turn and we drove close to 10 min in the wrong direction which in turn made our trip home extra long because of the crazy traffic. Finally we arrived home. Jae Eun made Kimchi fried rice, no thank you, I ordered pizza from Pizza Hut. It was so good!
In all Saturday was a good day. Oh I also became a member of the Finger Bandits thanks to Danny.
No comments:
Post a Comment