Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cha Cha Cha!

Today I went with Cha (the guy that lived with my family 2 summers ago) and his friend to the Coex aquarium. It was really cool once we finally got there, I think we drove in circles for an hour because his navigation system was freaking out. Seriously circles, u turn after u turn and around a block 3 times come to find out this is common for Cha when he isn't sure where he is going. But, he is a better driver than a bus driver so I'll at least give him that. The aquarium was awesome, from the insanely creative displays to the fish that were bigger than me. It was what an aquarium should be. It even had the cool thing that you walk under and the fish swim over you. Huge turtles, carp, some crazy thing that I couldn't pronounce, seals and a manatee. After our adventure to the aquarium we went to a Buddhist temple I saw my first real live monk. That was pretty cool, we saw some way old buildings and some fascinating art that was painted on the celing of the buildings, and a massive Buddha. Next stop the coffee shop, this is very common here in Korea usually when you hang out with people you go drinking or to a coffee shop. Hot chocolate for me, YUM! We were there forever just talking and hanging out, it was good to see Cha again. We stopped at a department store on the way home and looked at beads for my Pandora bracelet, don't even worry that they are about 3 times the price here. Won't be buying one of those! Finally home and poor Cha wants to Skype my mother, too bad it was 3:30 a.m. and she was asleep. Next time maybe he can talk to her. Then we went to dinner, we tried to find the Chinese restaurant that I like but sadly I couldn't remember its exact location so we went somewhere else that was just as good, but their chop chay wasn't as spicy sadly. And that my friends is the end of day 1 without any children!

No comments:

Post a Comment